Stevie is now offering online vocal coaching via Zoom. This means she’s available to coach artists anywhere in the world.
To inquire about Zoom classes with Stevie, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What You Need For Zoom Vocal Lessons
For more info, please watch the video guides further down the page.
You can download this guide as a PDF here.
- Check you have latest software version of Zoom.
- If you already have the Zoom desktop client installed, you can check for updates.
- Sign in to Zoom desktop client. Click your profile picture then click Check for Updates. If there is a newer version, Zoom will download and install it.
- Using an RJ45 Cat5 Ethernet LAN cable connect your computer to your Broadband Hub.
- Turn Wi-Fi off.
- To test open Zoom if poor or no internet connection Zoom will not open.
- Connect your USB or Thunderbolt Audio interface to Computer.
- Connect microphone and headphones to your Audio interface.
- In Zoom, under Preferences > Audio > Settings >Speaker > Test Speaker > Built in Output-select the name of your audio interface .
- Under Microphone do the same as above and select External Microphone with “Automatically adjust microphone volume” unticked & “Suppress Background Noise” set to low.
- Click “Advanced” at bottom of Settings tick “High fidelity music mode” & “Use Stereo Audio”.
- Check and test your audio connections as described in this video link.
- To do this you will need to play your music back into another sound system. For example your smartphone via Bluetooth into a sound system or cable from your smartphone into a sound system, your external microphone will then pick up the music while you sing along with it.
- Before joining it is advisable that you check your headphone & microphone levels within Zoom, you can do this without having to be in a meeting.
- Using a Smartphone or Tablet for meetings is not recommended.
- I can easily go through all this with you to check we are both comfortable with settings before you start your session with Stevie.
- You will receive a text from Stevie Lange showing Zoom code and password to join meeting.
- All of the above can be viewed in these two excellent YouTube links:
Video Guides To Setting Up And Using Zoom in Music Lessons: